California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
California’s Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires that manufacturers and retailers doing business in California disclose on their websites the steps that they have taken against the use of human trafficking in their supply chains.
Littelfuse is unconditionally opposed to human trafficking and believes that all workers have the right to freely choose employment, humane treatment and a workplace free of harassment and unlawful discrimination. Therefore, Littelfuse expects its suppliers to equally act as responsible corporate citizens and to take their own affirmative actions to protect the rights of their workers against human trafficking. To reinforce these beliefs, Littelfuse has adopted various policies (including the creation of a Supplier Quality Manual) with respect to its supply chain to help Littelfuse assess and audit its suppliers and Littelfuse expects suppliers to be honest, forthright and transparent in the questions and information solicited by Littelfuse in its vetting of suppliers. These policies assist Littelfuse with the following key areas of its supply chain:
- Awareness – Informing our suppliers of the importance of the issue of human trafficking and that it is an issue which Littelfuse takes very seriously.
- Audits – Conducting on-site audits of Littelfuse Suppliers to confirm their compliance with Littelfuse’s standards and requirements.
- Certifications – Requiring Littelfuse’s suppliers to certify that they are complying with all applicable laws including, without limitation, those regarding anti-bribery, labor, employment and safety laws.
- Education – Educating relevant Littelfuse employees, consultants and management by providing training on human trafficking and slavery in the supply chain and other topics relevant to supplier social responsibility.
- Employee Accountability – Maintaining strict accountability standards and procedures to ensure that Littelfuse employees and consultants comply with all applicable laws and Littelfuse’s policies regarding human trafficking.
Littelfuse’s business principles will continue to evolve and adapt to a changing world, while remaining committed to our opposition to human trafficking. We will update this webpage as we adopt new processes and policies.