The SMA6L series is designed specifically to protect sensitive electronic equipment from voltage transients induced by lightning and other transient voltage events.
SMA low profile package has the same electronical performance as the SMB package but with lowest height profiles (1.1mm) in the industry.
- SMA low profile package: less than 1.1 mm
- Same power as standard SMB devices (600 W)
- Footprint compatibility with standard SMA and SMB products (easy to layout)
- Typical failure mode is short from over-specified voltage or current
- Whisker test is conducted based on JEDEC
- JESD201A per its table 4a and 4c
- IEC-61000-4-2 ESD 15kV(Air), 8kV (Contact)
- ESD protection of data lines in accordance with IEC 61000-4-2 (IEC801-2)
- EFT protection of data lines in accordance with IEC 61000-4-4 (IEC801-4)
- Low inductance, excellent clamping capability
- Fast response time: typically less than 1.0ns from 0 Volts to VBR min
- Built-in strain relief
- Glass passivated junction
- Typical IR less than 1µA above 12V
- High temperature soldering: 260°C/40 seconds at terminals
- Typical maximum temperature coefficient ΔVBR = 0.1% x VBR@25°C x ΔT
- Matee tin lead–free plated
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant
TVS devices are ideal for the protection of I/O Interfaces, VCC bus and other vulnerable circuits used in Telecom, Computer, Industrial and Consumer electronic applications.