The MLA Automotive Series of transient voltage surge suppression devices is based on the Littelfuse Multilayer fabrication technology. These components are designed to suppress a variety of transient events, including those
specified in IEC 61000-4-2 or other standards used for Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC).
The MLA Automotive Series is typically applied to protect integrated circuits and other components at the circuit board level. The wide operating voltage and energy range make the MLA Automotive Series suitable for numerous applications on power supply, control and signal lines.
The MLA Automotive Series is manufactured from
semiconducting ceramics, and is supplied in a leadless, surface mount package. The MLA Automotive Series is compatible with modern reflow and wave soldering procedures.
It can operate over a wider temperature range than Zener diodes, and has a much smaller footprint than plastic-housed components.
- AEC - Q200 compliant
- RoHS compliant
- Leadless 0603, 0805, 1206 and 1210 chip sizes
- Multilayer ceramic construction technology
- -55°C to +125°C operating temp. range
- Operating voltage range VM(DC) = 3.5V to 48V
- Rated for surge current (8 x 20µs)
- Rated for energy (10 x 1000µs)
- Inherent bi-directional clamping
- No plastic or epoxy packaging assures better than UL94V-0 flammability rating
- Standard low capacitance types available
- Suppression of inductive switching or other transient events such as EFT and surge voltage at the circuit board level
- ESD protection for IEC 61000-4-2, MIL-STD-883c method 3015.7, and other industry specifications
- Provides on-board transient voltage protection for ICS and transistors
- Used to help achieve electromagnetic compliance of end products
- Replaces larger surface mount TVS Zeners in many applications