This PLED5 protector provides three methods of increasing the reliability of LED lighting:
- If one of the LEDs in an array fails open, this device provides a substitute electronic path so that the array continues to function
- It protects against ESD events up to ± 8 kV for contact discharges and ±15 kV for air discharges per the IEC 61000-4-2 electrostatic immunity standard.
- It provices protection in the case of accidental revers battery or power connection.
High reliability of lighting functions such as traffic lighting, advertising lighting, and runway lighting demand the use of a device such as the PLED5.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Reverse Battery/Power Protection
- Surge Capability > 24 A (8/20 Î¼S)
- ESD, IEC 61000-4-2, ±8kV contact, ±15 kV air
- EFT, IEC 61000-4-4, 40A (5/50nS)
- Open LED bypass up to 500 mA
- Fast switching
- Resets after power cycle
- Low Turn-On (Trigger Voltage)
- Ideal for MR16, PAR type lamps