The PLED5HT device is ideal for use in high reliability lighting applications such as traffic lighting, advertising lighting, and runway lighting.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Reverse Battery/Power Protection
- Open LED bypass up to 700 mA
- ESD, IEC 61000-4-2, ±8kV contact, ±15 kV air
- Resets after power cycle
- Fast switching
- Low Turn-On (Trigger Voltage)
- SOT-89 package
The PLED5HT protector provides three methods for increasing the reliability of LED lighting:
- LED failure protection: If one of the LEDs in an array fails open, the device provides a substitute electronic path so that the array continues to function
- ESD Protection: It protects against ESD events up to ±8 kV for contact discharges and ±15 kV for air discharges per the IEC 61000-4-2 electrostatic immunity standard.
- Reverse battery and power protection: It provides protection in the case of accidental reverse battery or power connection.