SDP Series SOT23-5, SIDACtor® Protection Thyristors provide tertiary or line driver side protection for VDSL2+, ADSL2 applications and more
SDP Series SOT23-5, SIDACtor® Protection Thyristors are ideal for use in the tertiary or line driver side protection position for ADSL2 and VDSL2, and the 30MHz bandplan of VDSL2+ applications and general I/O protection functions. This new solution for low capacitance over-voltage protection does not require a bias voltage and offers protection that’s robust enough for use in the chip-side position behind the coupling transformer. The flow-through design of the SOT23-5 package minimizes PCB trace layout routing, while the device’s four different stand-off voltage values offer compatibility with a variety of line drivers. Its back-to-back configuration provides symmetrical ESD protection for data lines and can be used when AC signals are present.
- Provides bidirectional transient voltage protection.
- Offers lower overshooting protection than clamping.
- Starts to switch in nanoseconds to provide surge protection sooner.
- Small surface mount SOT23-5 package with its flow-through design PCB minimizes trace layout routing.
- Provides robust surge rating performance up to 50A (8/20μs).
- Low capacitance and low insertion loss ensures compatibility with ADSL2 and VDSL2, and the 30MHz bandplan of VDSL2+.
- Helps designs meet global regulatory standards through compliance with YD/T 950, YD/T 993, YD/T 1082, GR 1089 Inter-building, GP 1089 Intra-building, IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-5, ITU K.20/21 Basic Level, ITU K.20/21 Enhanced Level, TIA-968-A, and TIA-968-B.
- Tertiary Protection
- Line Driver Side Protection
- ADSL2 protection
- Ethernet Interface protection