6 Amp bi-directional solid state switch series is designed for AC switching and phase control applications such as motor speed and temperature modulation controls, lighting controls, and static switching relays.
type devices guarantee gate control in Quadrants I & IV needed for digital control circuitry.
type devices normally operate in Quadrants I & III triggered from AC line.
type devices only operate in quadrants I, II, & III and are used in circuits requiring high dv/dt capability.
Features & Benefits:
- RoHS compliant
- Glass — passivated junctions
- Voltage capability up to 1000 V
- Surge capability up to 85 A
- Electrically isolated "L - Package" is UL recognized for 2500Vrms
- Solid-state switching eliminates arcing or contact bounce that create voltage transients
- No contacts to wear out from reaction of switching events
- Restricted (or limited) RFI generation, depending on activation point of sine wave
- Requires only a small gate activation pulse in each half-cycle
Excellent for AC switching and phase control applications such as heating, lighting, and motor speed controls.
Typical applications are AC solid-state switches, light dimmers, power tools, home/brown goods and white goods appliances.
Alternistor TRIACs (no snubber required) are used in applications with extremely inductive loads requiring highest commutation performance.
Internally constructed isolated packages are offered for ease of heat sinking with highest isolation voltage.